Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ingrid Pitt [1937-2010]

Ingrid Pitt, of Hammer Horror fame, passed away unexpectedly the other day at age 78 of heart disease. She was a major beauty inspiration of mine, and inspired me in many other facets of my life as well. Her wit was intact until the very end, and her writing was sharp, unapologetic, and she never shunned her sometimes racy past with her Hammer days. She broke down barriers by baring it all, and she did so proudly. She was a talented actress, and she had more spirit than any one person should be allowed to have. A couple of years ago we exchanged emails, and she egged me on to continue writing, and I'm happy for it. Every time I feel a voice of doubt rising up within me, I can hear her laughing at me and telling me to be brave. I'll never be as brave as Ingrid was, but I can only try.

No comments:

Post a Comment