Monday, November 29, 2010

TEMPTU Retouch Foundation

Right off the bat, I'll tell you that Retouch Foundation from TEMPTU is worthy of my highest marks (or very close to it) when it comes to foundation.

First of all, I didn't even realize that TEMPTU made a traditional foundation until recently, and you can barely even call it traditional. It comes in a click-bottom tube with a brush, and I admit that I have a love/hate thing with the packaging. It looks sleek, the cylinder is airtight (YES!), but it has a brush on the end (with a cap), which in general, I'm not a fan of. This is very handy for throwing in your bag and running out the door, and the brush is very soft and effective if you like that sort of application method. Personally, though, I want to apply foundation with my fingertips, it just looks and blends better that way. So, I just have to click out the product onto my fingers, and then go from there. It usually takes 3 or 4 clicks to get the right amount to cover my face lightly.

Whoa, boy. There is a lot to love here. It has a light texture and sheer coverage that has a satin finish (not matte, not dewy, just right there in between). I got the lightest color (001 Porcelain), and it has a very flattering slight pink tone to it, which makes it perfect for wintertime for me. It's got wonderful slip, so you have time to blend, and the color is buildable. Perhaps it is meant just to supplement the airbrush foundation for touch-ups, but it's perfectly wonderful on its own. It's got a vanilla scent to it, and that may bother some people, but I actually love it. This is ideal for someone (like myself) who is addicted to tinted moisturizer and wants something with just a tiny bit more pigment for the winter.

Several hours after application, skin still looks fantastic. It lays down the perfect canvas to apply other makeup, and does not settle into fine lines, look cakey or feel heavy. Best of all, it does not irritate my sensitive skin. I've also found that it's very useful for dabbing under the eyes to brighten the area or on blemishes or discolorations mid-day.

Retouch Foundation is top of the line as far as I'm concerned, and you just can't mess with the impressive lightweight formulation. I would just urge the company to offer other packaging options. I've never used TEMPTU airbrush foundation, but now that I know how beautifully their traditional foundation works for me and how their shades work, I'd be much more inclined to try it.

Retouch Foundation retails at $47, and you can buy it on their website at http://www.temptu.com/.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that they made "traditional" foundation.
    It sounds like a wonderful formula, I prefer tinted moisturizers most of the time. But, I don't know how I feel about that packaging. It seems gross or wasteful.
    I would like the vanilla scent. I love Guerlain because all of the face products are violet scented!

    ReplyDelete